Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Sweet CeCe's with a cherry (or three) on top

Have you seen those mixing bowls that come together like nesting dolls? You know the largest one? My family would jokingly hand it to my Granddaddy Jones or my brother when we were scooping out ice cream. They shared the same intense fondness for this frozen treat.

I always enjoyed ice cream, but during my last two months of pregnancy with my now-seventeen-month Jack, this dessert became an obsession. If it weren't for Sweet CeCe's, I'd probably be about three dress sizes bigger. 

That's a slight exaggeration.

But since the frozen yogurt (better for you than ice cream) shoppe is within walking (exercise!) distance from my home, it is a much healthier alternative for my sweet tooth's latest desire.

A wall of various frozen yogurt options, spouts and a small buffet full of topping possibilities: the potential flavor options seem endless. And until today my favorite was cake batter topped with a sprinkle of white yogurt chips, a dash of ground graham crackers, almond slivers, and three cherries. I would branch out some on the yogurt base, but usually kept the same toppings. 

But this afternoon, at approximately 1:50pm, as I stood with my student worker, celebrating her victorious triumph over Thoreau's Walden, I got a little wild. 

"What's the Original Tart taste like?"

She tried to describe it, and then suggested I try a sample. Not one to cause a fuss or make a special request, I would have greatly missed out if a worker (who was off duty, in a sweatshirt and athletic shorts, and probably trying to move us along in the line so she could make her own favorite concoction) asked if we'd like to try anything. 

One taste. That's all it took. I'm still talking / writing about it, eight hours later. I ended up swirling an orange sorbet with the Original Tart. Unsure of perfect topping pairings with my new base, I tried only coconut and strawberries (and far more than three of this fruit).

If that weren't lovely enough--it was two-punch Tuesday.

This is a picture of a previous Sweet CeCe's experience: Red Velvet base with white yogurt chips, ground graham crackers, and the three (though one is hiding in the corner) cherries. I ate today's with too much passion to remember to photograph it.

No comments:

Post a Comment