Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Franklin Foodies: A Love of Food Local and Beyond

This year I started a group called the Franklin Foodies. Our mission (which we hungrily chose to accept) was to try the eating establishments of Franklin, beginning in the downtown area and working our way out. Admittedly, Franklin Foodies became my excuse to eat out.

"Oh my goodness, I forgot to take a picture of my lil' spinach salad at Mellow Mushroom. I guess we have to go back again next week."

Then, Franklin Foodies became less of a specific group of people, and more of a hodgepodge of whomever I may ask out to share in local culinary wonders at any given date.

"You've never eaten at McCreary's? We'll have to go soon."

And with this blog I ask you to join in on my taste-journey. Mostly I will focus on the food of Franklin, but I shall also offer some of the meals I experience as I travel. I don't claim to be a culinary expert, and my perspectives will not be written as such. I am just a lover of food, from a long line of lovers of food, and I would like to share that love with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment